Friday, August 3, 2012
Refashioned Tube Top
I was at our local Goodwill a few weeks ago on dollar day and spotted this cute red and gray striped fabric peeking out of the over-crowded rack. It was a ladies' tube top with elastic around the bust and waist that had rotted out. I looked at the tag, it was $1 and I just knew it had potential.
The design and pattern changed as I went. I orginally had this in mind, but I decided it just didn't look right so I made the bias tape cover the neckline as well. The only thing I was able to salvage from the old tube top was the ruffle. The rest of it was just a square of fabric when I started.
I am pleased with it! It is my most "store bought" looking shirt so far.