Joy

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ladies Tea - Simply Citrus

Last weekend was our second annual Ladies' Tea at church.  It was a fun, exhausting and busy time but I loved every minute of it!   The past few weeks, every spare moment was spent planning, preparing, testing recipes and ironing napkins. 

The theme this year was Simply Citrus and I actually got some pictures.
We sold 99 tickets and had 16 ladies help out either by making recipes, setting up, cleaning, or hostessing a table.... and some did all of the above!
The centerpieces - deceptively easy looking, really a pain in the neck.
 
We had 3 courses of  3 to 4 foods each. Everything was delicious.  
I am so thankful for all the ladies who agreed to make over 100 tiny foods.

Speaking of tiny, look at these adorable fondant flowers to top the petit fours!

Before:


During:

The devastating clean-up after:
v

The clean-up wasn't so bad - mostly because we got a head start thanks to the fantastic kitchen help. 

Paul, The Dishwashing King.  Seriously, one of the coolest guys I know. 
 I am humbled that he took his entire Saturday to wash dainty dishes. 
Thanks Paul!  (and you thought you weren't in any pictures)

Josh was as always my main supporter and help.  He even ironed a tablecloth! Nothing makes you love your husband more than when he's helping you with something that is important to you.
We had some very servant-hearted youth helping out too.  They got paid in tiny left over treats.
(how many guys does it take to count cups of salad? 4 apparently, probably because their hair was in their eyes)  But seriously, they did a wonderful job.

Every lady got a take home favor (thanks to my mom!)

Thanks to all who made the tea a success!  I hope everyone enjoyed it as much I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment