We had gone back and forth over what to do about furniture now that Joy is in her own room. I was planning on buying a white dresser to match Claire's old crib and changing table but kept dragging my feet about spending $250 on a dresser. My parents didn't have a use for this dresser that belonged to my grandparents so I took it and gave it a new look.
The nursery is going to be an aqua/seafoam color with yellow accents (permanently. I'm not painting it again) so I knew I wanted to paint the dresser yellow. I have painted furniture before and it has always been a nightmare so I decided to try using spray paint this time.
But before I could paint, I had to do the worst of the work; which is of course sanding. I didn't like this design in the wood.... it looks too southwestern so I filled it in with some acrylic patch to make it smooth.
I did two coats of Krylon primer spray paint and about 5 coats of Valspar yellow satin. I started and finished the project while Josh was in Mexico so it didn't take too long. I love the way it turned out.
No unsightly brush marks or drips. Yay! I did spend around $50 on paint and new hardware but that's a heck of a lot better than the cost of a new one. Plus this one has a little sentimental value.
Now that there is not a pile of clothes in her room, I can work on the curtains, dust ruffle and recovering the rocking chair.