Joy

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

After Claire's Halloween costume last year, I was under some pressure to come up with something just a good if not better. (2008)
We thought we wouldn't be able to do it, but I think we did. The chicken costume. (2009)

I had been racking my brain for costume ideas. I wanted to take advantage of the fact that this is the last year that WE get to decide what she' should be. There are plenty of years coming up that she will want to be a ballerina or princess but not many that she will want to be something like this. After writing my Claire the Chicken Farmer blog, I was inspired to make her a chicken. I hesitated to tell people what she was going to be just because the first picture that comes to mind at the words "chicken costume" is some cheesy, bulgy-eyed, felt creature, dancing on the corner of an intersection with a Pizza and Wings sign.

Needless to say, that is not what I had in mind
and I am very happy with the results.

So Halloween night we went to our church's Harvest Carnival.
Josh went as the Swine Flu. He went around "sneezing" on people by spraying them with his spray bottle. (He has a pig tail in the back too:) I was a chicken farmer - mostly because of my lack of creativity and time.
She has a little feed sack for her candy.


The carnival is much more fun now the we have a child, although, she is still too small for most of the games. We wanted to get some candy for her though so we made the best of the big kid games and Claire really had a good time.
Claire was too small play the bounce house games but she did get to go in and just jump on a few occasions. She LOVED it.

All the bouncing and people picking her up did a number on the costume. Everywhere we went there was a trail of small white feathers. We hope to keep up the high standards we have for costumes but we'll see what she chooses next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment